You all did a terrific job on these. Most excellent. Now, you have to make your film even better.
You’ve all now watched your film with others watching it, which changes the experience. And you’ve gotten some feedback on whether or not people are understanding your themes, and issues they have with your film. So, you’re the director: fix it!
Due Sept 17 at 9am via Dropbox. Check your email for the link.
General Criticism and Ideas from Luke
- Pay attention to how your film ends in terms of the technical aspects. How do you fade out the sound? How do you fade out the image?
- Is your story clear? We discussed narrative. If your film depends on narrative have you made it easy to understand what it happening?
- Make the shortest movie possible. Don’t beat things to death. Once you get a bit of information across move on to the next bit.
- The audience doesn’t know what you know unless you clue them in.
- Focus on what’s important. With most things, think One Arrow One Target.
Feel free to talk to me anytime about your film – I’m always here to help you.